I met a friend after a long time, almost 10 years, we spent some time talking..we are supposed to be of same age. When I left saying a bye.. i felt I was with someone twice my age. Every one dreams of the future..I have big dreams for my future. I realized, I felt my friend was so old because he was in his future. He is living there. It just occurred, most live in their future. It is of course sensible and right to plan for the future, but I don’t know how it is right to kill your present for the sake of the future.
I remember the following lines….
FIRST I WAS DYING TO FINISH HIGH SCHOOL & START COLLEGE
THEN I WAS DYING TO FINISH COLLEGE & START WORKING
THEN I WAS DYING TO MARRY & HAVE CHILDREN
THEN I WAS DYING FOR MY CHILDREN TO GROW OLD ENOUGH SO I COULD GO
BACK TO WORK
THEN I WAS DYING TO RETIRE
AND NOW I’M DYING & SUDDENLY I REALISE -I FORGOT TO LIVE
SO DONT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU
LIVE IN EACH MOMENT AND ENJOY LIFE
only a few days back i received another very cute mail on similar lines. Below is the link to read it.. you must have a little patience to wait for it to open..but read it, it is worth it.
so how to stay young ?
HOW TO STAY YOUNG from George Carlin’s (thanks to you Sunil !)
1. Throw out nonessential numbers. This includes age, weight and height. Let the doctors worry about them. That is why you pay ‘them’
2. Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down.
3. Keep learning. Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever. Never let the brain idle. ‘An idle mind is the devil’s workshop.’ And the devil’s name is Alzheimer’s.
4. Enjoy the simple things.
5. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath.
6. The tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person, who is with us our entire life, is ourselves. Be ALIVE while you are alive.
7. Surround yourself with what you love , whether it’s family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge.
8. Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.
9. Don’t take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, even to the next county; to a foreign country but NOT to where the guilt is.
10. Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity.
AND ALWAYS REMEMBER:
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.